What we're looking for 👀
Nordigen is in search of a mid to senior-level Machine Learning Scientist to join our Premium services team. This team develops and maintains the infrastructure that processes millions of bank account statements each month. Nordigen is entering the exciting phase of exponential growth and aiming to expand our suite of Premium services and, therefore, the Data team.
We are looking for people that are passionate about what they do and don't come to work simply because they are paid to do so. We are here to revolutionise open banking and the way financial institutions control access to our personal data - if you enjoy hard challenges, value learning and want to create an impact, then this is a place for you.
What excites you 🤩
- Researching state-of-the-art methods in language modelling for multilingual text data;
- Designing and prototyping solutions;
- Creating the codebase to train, test and evaluate the models;
- Training the models in local and/or cloud environments such as AWS;
- Researching and reviewing published papers related to the use case.
What excites us 😍
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Scientist or Engineer, Natural Language Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of deep learning and natural language processing solutions, such as named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, and topic modelling;
- Experience with deep learning frameworks;
- Demonstrated ability to explain results to technical and business teams;
- Skills in rapid prototyping and quick experimentation;
- Familiarity with best practices of software development, including version control and testing;
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously;
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Brownie points 🍪
- Experience with deploying models to production (MLOps);
- Practical experience with containers and creating API endpoints to use the inference function of the machine learning models;
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible;
- Interest in writing technical articles about data science, natural language processing and others.
💰 Salary starting from EUR 2500 (gross)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏢 Option to work from home or in our Riga city centre office
💉 Health insurance
💻 Tech of your choice
📖 Annual learning budget and unlimited library
☘️ Employee stock option plan
⏳ Extra paid time off for birthdays, sick days and study leave
🤗 Supportive and driven team
🚣 Team activities
📈 Growth opportunities
🔥 The opportunity to join one of the hottest, fastest-growing European fintechs
About us 👨👩👦
Nordigen provides free access to bank data and premium data insights, thus allowing companies to connect to banks around the world and apply that data for personal finance, identity verification and marketing purposes.
We believe in freely available open banking to all businesses that need it. Nordigen has raised over USD 4.2 million in funding from top-notch investors, completed 1,000+ bank integrations and has been named one of the top Latvian startups.
Still not convinced? Read more about life at Nordigen here. 👋