What we're looking for 👀
Nordigen is in search of a mid to senior-level Data Scientist (Generalist) to join our Premium services team. This team develops and maintains the infrastructure that processes millions of bank account statements each month. Nordigen is entering the exciting phase of exponential growth and aiming to expand our suite of Premium services and, therefore, the Data team.
We are looking for people that are passionate about what they do and don't come to work simply because they are paid to do so. We are here to revolutionise open banking and the way financial institutions control access to our personal data - if you enjoy hard challenges, value learning and want to create an impact, then this is a place for you.
What excites you 🤩
- Applying advanced statistical and data mining techniques in order to derive patterns from the data;
- Building, validating, fine-tuning and integrating machine learning solutions as products;
- Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy;
- Designing, developing and maintaining new and existing data products;
- Exploring and employing the latest techniques in data science to find the best suitable solutions;
- Participating in research and development projects;
- Working in a cross-functional team to achieve technical team milestones.
What excites us 😍
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist or in a similar role;
- Great understanding of statistical methods and data science concepts;
- Experience in practical machine learning;
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain results to technical and business teams;
- Very solid knowledge of SQL and Python or R with proven work experience;
- Familiarity with best practices of software development, including version control and testing;
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills;
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Brownie points 🍪
- Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) concepts and practical application on text data;
- Experience with deploying models to production;
- Product development experience in a technology company;
- Knowledge about the banking environment and the financial markets;
- Familiarity with credit risk analysis;
- Interest in writing technical articles about data science, natural language processing and others.
💰 Salary between EUR 2100-3500 (gross)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏢 Option to work from home or in our Riga city centre office
💉 Health insurance
💻 Tech of your choice
📖 Annual learning budget and unlimited library
☘️ Employee stock option plan
⏳ Extra paid time off for birthdays, sick days and study leave
🤗 Supportive and driven team
🚣 Team activities
📈 Growth opportunities
🔥 The opportunity to join one of the hottest, fastest-growing European fintechs
About us 👨👩👦
Nordigen provides free access to bank data and premium data insights, thus allowing companies to connect to banks around the world and apply that data for personal finance, identity verification and marketing purposes.
We believe in freely available open banking to all businesses that need it. Nordigen has raised over USD 4.2 million in funding from top-notch investors, completed 1,000+ bank integrations and has been named one of the top Latvian startups.
Still not convinced? Read more about life at Nordigen here. 👋