What we're looking for 👀
Nordigen is in search of a mid to senior-level Data Scientist (Credit Risk) to join our Premium services team. This team develops and maintains the infrastructure that processes millions of bank account statements each month. Nordigen is entering the exciting phase of exponential growth and aiming to expand our suite of Premium services and, therefore, the Data team.
We are looking for people that are passionate about what they do and don't come to work simply because they are paid to do so. We are here to revolutionise open banking and the way financial institutions control access to our personal data - if you enjoy hard challenges, value learning and want to create an impact, then this is a place for you.
What excites you 🤩
- Building, validating, fine-tuning and integrating machine learning solutions as products;
- Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy;
- Conducting research and development tasks that will enable the transformation of Nordigen services;
- Exploring and examining the latest techniques in data science to apply the best suitable solutions for Nordigen;
- Working in a cross-functional team setting to achieve technical team milestones;
- Actively sharing industry knowledge and your own independent view on credit risk and best practices.
What excites us 😍
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist, Credit Risk Analyst, Actuary or a similar role;
- Knowledge about the banking environment and the financial markets;
- Experience with credit risk analysis, underwriting principles, methods, and practices;
- Previous hands-on experience in building scoring models and portfolio risk rules;
- Great understanding of statistical methods and data mining concepts for data analysis;
- Very solid knowledge of SQL and Python or R with proven work experience;
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills;
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Risk Assessment, Economics or equivalent experience.
Brownie points 🍪
- Familiarity with best practices of software development, including version control and testing;
- Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) concepts and practical application on text data;
- Experience with deploying models to the production environment;
- Product development experience in a technology company;
- Interest in writing technical articles about data science and credit risk analysis.
💰 Salary starting from EUR 2500 (gross)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏢 Option to work from home or in our Riga city centre office
💉 Health insurance
💻 Tech of your choice
📖 Annual learning budget and unlimited library
☘️ Employee stock option plan
⏳ Extra paid time off for birthdays, sick days and study leave
🤗 Supportive and driven team
🚣 Team activities
📈 Growth opportunities
🔥 The opportunity to join one of the hottest, fastest-growing European fintechs
About us 👨👩👦
Nordigen provides free access to bank data and premium data insights, thus allowing companies to connect to banks around the world and apply that data for personal finance, identity verification and marketing purposes.
We believe in freely available open banking to all businesses that need it. Nordigen has raised over USD 4.2 million in funding from top-notch investors, completed 1,000+ bank integrations and has been named one of the top Latvian startups.
Still not convinced? Read more about life at Nordigen here. 👋