What we're looking for 👀
We are in search of a senior-level Data Engineer to join Nordigen. You will get the opportunity to design, influence and develop our data processing back-end. You will work side by side with the rockstars of Nordigen that develop and maintain the infrastructure that processes millions of bank account statements a month.
We are looking for people that are passionate about what they do and don't come to work simply because they are paid to do so. We are here to revolutionise open banking and the way financial institutions control access to our personal data - if you enjoy hard challenges, value learning and want to create an impact, then this is a place for you.
What excites you 🤩
- Collaboration with product and engineering teams to design, experiment and build and rebuild data infrastructure for optimal and scalable solutions in an iterative fashion;
- Implementation of processes and systems to ensure and monitor data integrity and data accessibility at all times. This includes scalable data pipelines and ELT layers for data cleaning and data transformation;
- Conducting internal research & development projects, for example, experiment and benchmark data pipelines for scaling analysis;
- Work in a cross-functional team setting to achieve technical team milestones;
- Actively share industry knowledge, participate in the ongoing improvement of our data engineering practices, mentor and guide junior members of the team.
What excites us 😍
- Previous experience as a data engineer, data architect, DevOps engineer or a similar role;
- Ability to take ownership;
- Proficiency in Python and SQL with a proven work experience;
- Experience with various data processing techniques, i.e., batch and real-time processing and appropriate tooling and frameworks;
- Experience working with structured and semi-structured data;
- Knowledge of best practices of data engineering, including managing meta stores, data pipelines, schema control, schema versioning, etc.;
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with modern data stack: modern cloud DWHs and distributed computing;
- Familiarity with common data-related architectures such as Data Lake and Metastores;
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with or at least interest in MLOps and/or DataOps;
- Familiarity with containers and API development;
- Product development experience in a technology company;
- Previous experience in Banking or Financial Institutions;
- University degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent experience.
What we offer 👍
💰 Salary between EUR 2450 - 4330 (gross)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏢 Option to work from anywhere
💉 Health insurance with dental
💻 OS of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux)
📖 Annual learning budget and unlimited library
☘️ Employee stock option plan
⏳ Extra paid time off for birthdays, sick days and studies
🤗 Supportive and driven team
🚣 Team activities
📈 Growth opportunities
🔥 The opportunity to join one of the hottest, fastest-growing European fintechs
Interview process 🤹♂️
Interviewing is a two-way street - we want to make this process clear and enjoyable for everyone involved. Our goal is to give a real insight into what it's like to work at Nordigen and decide early on whether we have a match. To see what waits ahead, read about the interview process here.
About us ⭐
Nordigen provides free access to bank data and premium data insights, thus allowing companies to connect to banks around the world and apply that data for personal finance, identity verification and marketing purposes.
We believe in freely available open banking for all businesses that need it. Nordigen has raised over USD 4.2 million in funding from top-notch investors, completed 2,000+ bank integrations and has been named one of the top Latvian startups.
Still not convinced? Read more about life at Nordigen here. 👋