What we're looking for 👀
Nordigen is in search of a mid to senior-level Data Scientist (Generalist) passionate about using data science to build products. You will work side by side with the rockstars of Nordigen who research, prototype, develop and maintain the infrastructure that processes millions of bank account statements a month. Nordigen is entering the exciting phase of exponential growth and aiming to expand our suite of Premium services and, therefore, the Data team.
We are looking for people that are passionate about what they do and don't come to work simply because they are paid to do so. We are here to revolutionise open banking and the way financial institutions control access to our personal data - if you enjoy hard challenges, value learning and want to create an impact, then this is a place for you.
We will be excited to receive your application by June 31, 2022, but take into account that they are reviewed on ongoing bases.
What excites you 🤩
- Apply advanced statistical and data mining techniques in order to derive patterns from the data;
- Design, development and maintenance of new and existing data products for Nordigen premium services;
- Build, validate, fine-tune and integrate machine learning solutions as products;
- Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy;
- Explore and employ the latest techniques in data science to find the best suitable solutions;
- Participate in research and development projects;
- Working in a cross-functional team setting to achieve technical team milestones.
What excites us 😍
- Previous experience as a data scientist, software developer or a similar role
- Great understanding of statistical methods and data science concepts, and experience in practical machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain results to technical and business teams
- Very solid knowledge of SQL and Python or R with proven work experience;
- Familiarity with best practices of software development, including version control and testing;
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Brownie points 🍪
- Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) concepts and practical application on text data;
- Experience with deploying models to production;
- Familiarity with containers and API development;
- Product development experience in a technology company;
- Knowledge about the banking environment and the financial markets;
- Familiarity with credit risk analysis;
- Interest in writing technical articles about data science, natural language processing and similar.
What we offer 👍
💰 Salary between 2100-3500 (gross)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏢 Option to work from anywhere
💉 Health insurance with dental
💻 OS of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux)
📖 Annual learning budget and unlimited library
☘️ Employee stock option plan
⏳ Extra paid time off for birthdays, sick days and studies
🤗 Supportive and driven team
🚣 Team activities
📈 Growth opportunities
🔥 The opportunity to join one of the hottest, fastest-growing European fintechs
Interview process 🤹♂️
Interviewing is a two-way street - we want to make this process clear and enjoyable for everyone involved. Our goal is to give a real insight into what it's like to work at Nordigen and decide early on whether we have a match. To see what waits ahead, read about the interview process here.
About us ⭐
Nordigen provides free access to bank data and premium data insights, thus allowing companies to connect to banks around the world and apply that data for personal finance, identity verification and marketing purposes.
We believe in freely available open banking for all businesses that need it. Nordigen has raised over USD 4.2 million in funding from top-notch investors, completed 2,000+ bank integrations and has been named one of the top Latvian startups.
Still not convinced? Read more about life at Nordigen here. 👋